FEDERAL ELECTION: As you are aware there is an upcoming federal election on September 20th.
We all have heard all of our political leaders after the London Terror attack talking about how Islamophobia, discrimination and hate are unacceptable. This election, ask your local candidates what they are doing to go beyond words. The safety, security, and dignity of our communities matter. Your vote matters. Hold your candidates accountable.
1) NCCM has released a federal election guide highlighting key policy changes we need to see if we want Muslim communities in Canada to be safe and thrive – we want to see all parties commit to these. Head over to NCCM.ca/Elections2021 and read it for yourself
2) Click Here to See the attached pamphlets with 4 key questions to ask your local leaders when they come to your door or call you. Let us make these questions central to this election.
We Ask Allah SWT to guide us towards voting for the right candidate. Pray to Allah swt to grant us those leaders who are the best for our community and for our country.
On September 20th PLEASE GO OUT AND VOTE!!
IST App is not available on App store. Please click here and bookmark this page on your mobile phone for salah times.
Five Jumah prayers with COVID-19 Guidelines. No Registration required. 1st @1:45. 2nd @2:15. 3rd @2:45. 4th @3:15. 5th @3:45.
Evening Madrasah In-person classes: Please be advised that Eve. Madrasah classes will be a combination of both in-person classes and online classes on a weekly alternating basis starting Sept 20. All classes will continue to remain online till Friday, September 17, 2021. In the week from Monday, September 20, 2021 to Friday, September 24, 2021, all classes with a male teacher will be in-person while all classes with a female teacher will be online. The following week from Monday, September 27, 2021 to Friday, October 1, 2021 all classes with a female teacher will be in-person while classes with a male teacher will be online. In this manner, classes will alternate between in-person and online on a weekly basis until further notice. This system will reduce indoor capacity by 50% so that we can avoid congestion in the classrooms. Please note that in the week where your child’s classes are in-person, there will be no option to join virtually.
Saheeh Al Bukhari: Alhamdolillah, we have started teaching Saheeh Al Bukhari in our A’alim class by the honourable Shaikhul Hadith Hazrat Maulana Hanif Luharwi Sahib (Damat Barakaatuh). To enroll your child in A’alim-A’alimah Class and Full Time Hifz Classes, please contact IST office or Imam Mohammed at 416-825-7921.
DONATION/QARZ APPEAL: Need FUNDS for construction and to REPAY QARZ (Interest Free Loan) Please DONATE Generously. Accepting Qarz e Hasana (Interest free loan) Click here < to view video for project update
Your Sadaqah Jariyah is impactful, life changing, and Prophetic. “When a person passes away, their good deeds will also come to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for them” – Muhammad (P.B.U.H)
Click HERE to > DONATE
Metrolinx: In regards to the petition going around, we want to clarify IST stand on the petition called Move the Train Yard from Thorncliffe Park. No one has consulted mosque or it’s board members about this petition. Masjid Darus Salaam-IST has not endorsed this petition. Please don’t be mislead by the petition and rumors’ circulating in public. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our Imam, IST management, or visit IST office. Further details will be available on our website in near future.
Download Monthly DONATION Form
Duaa for repayment of debt (Qarz)
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
يَا عَلِيُّ يَا عَظِيمُ يَا عَلِيمُ
اَللّهُمَّ اِنَّكَ مَلِيكٌ مُقْتَدِرْ
مَا تَشَآءُ مِنْ اَمْرٍ يَكُوْنْ
اَللّهُمٌَ اَسْعِدْنَا فِي الدّٰارَيْنْ
اَللّٰهُمَّ اِقْضِ عَنَّا الدَّيْنْ
Click HERE to DONATE: DONATION APPEAL to REPAY Qarz (Interest Free Loan) of $6 Million & also need approx. $4 Million for Renovation. Construction is now underway at 20 Overlea Blvd. (See pics below) Need $75, 000 monthly for next 40 months to pay contractors for renovation. Donate Daily/Weekly/Monthly. May Allah reward all of you.(Ameen)
Coming to Masjid you MUST follow the following GUIDELINES:
- Make Wudhu and perform Sunnah at home.
- Bring your own prayer mat with you and take it with you after completing your prayer.
- Must wear face mask at all times while in the Masjid. (Entry will be denied without face mask)
- Toronto City council made masks mandatory indoors including place of worship.
- Keep and carry your shoes with you into the plastic bag. (Bring your own bag)
- Use hand sanitizer before entering the Masjid.
- Wudhu, Washroom facility and parking lot will be limited.
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms of illness should not attend (fever, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, etc.)
- Person with any underlying Medical/Health condition, should not attend daily or Friday prayers. (Pray at home)
- We highly recommend that the elders (above the age of 70) do not attend and pray at home.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to attend due to govt. guideline.
- Maintain physical and social distance at all times. (2 meters / 6 feet)
- Avoid shaking hands and hugging.
- Everyone should immediately vacate the Masjid after every Fardh salah.
- If you have arrived from overseas, stay home in isolation for 14 days as per law.
A’alim Class Program: Registration is open for Full Time A’alim/Aa’limah and Eve. A’alim class. Please contact office or Imam Mohammed at 416-825-7921.
Hifz Class Program: Registration is open for Full Time Hifz Class. Please contact office or Moulana Mohammed Bodhania at 416-825-7921.
Please click the link below to download:
- > SUNNATS OF BELOVED PROPHET (S.A.W.) Click to download
- > 40 DAROOD
- > Juma Khutbah
- > 40 Rabbana
- > Qadhā Ṣalāh Diary
IST Expansion Project: With the mercy of Allah (swt) we have been approved by the City of Toronto and received the Zoning, Planning, and Building Permit for 20 Overlea Blvd. Expansion Project. Construction is underway. We need to REPAY Qarz (Interest Free loan) of $6 Million, & need $4 Million (approx.) for renovation. We humbly appeal everyone to donate generously, which will make it easier for us to Repay Qarz (Interest Free loan). Click here to >DONATE Now
Nabi ﷺ said: “Indeed a person’s rank in Jannah will be elevated, so he will say: How is this possible? It will be said to him: By your child seeking forgiveness for you” (Ibn Majah)
Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم mentioned in a sermon he delivered during the days of Hajj:
“O People! Certainly your Rabb is one, your father is one. An Arab has no virtue over a Non Arab, nor does a Non Arab have virtue over an Arab, a red skinned person is not more virtuous than a dark skinned person nor is a dark skinned person more virtuous than a red skinned person except through Taqwa.”
(Musnad Ahmad, vol. 5 pg. 411)